There are three main muscles that are located in the butt. They are the gluteus maximus, gluteus minimus and the gluteus medius.
Although it’s not possible to reduce fat loss only in a specific area reduction in general body fat while also strengthening the muscles of the butt will result in slimmer and more defined buttocks.
This article will discuss exercises that can help people shed fat across the body, while sculpting the thigh and butt muscle. We also discuss other techniques to help people get their ideal body shape.
Do these exercises to reduce fat in the butt, and to improve the tone of your muscles in the glutes and thighs:
Running is an excellent activity to reduce weight across the entire body. It strengthens the leg and butt muscles, giving the buttocks and thighs a more defined appearance.
This exercise improves the lung and heart function as well as improves lower body strength. In addition, with the exception of the right shoes, it needs no equipment at all.
Running is superior to walking to lose fat since it helps burn more energy. A study from 2012 discovered that, over 1,600 meters, those who were averagely fit burned 372.54 calories when walking and 471.03 calories when running.
However, the researchers find that, even if one isn’t able to go running, walking can be an excellent option for burning fat and calories as compared to sitting.
2. Training in high intensity intervals
The busy people who wish to reduce butt fat opt for high-intensity-interval training (HIIT). According to an global survey of fitness trends in 2018, HiIT is the most awaited fitness trend worldwide.
The HIIT method involves putting the maximum effort into a particular activity for a short time. It is then followed by a longer time with a slower speed. These are intense workouts and tend to be shorter as compared to moderate-intensity workouts.
For instance, after an initial warmup HIIT could include these:
- running on a treadmill seven miles an hour (mph) for one minute
- running for two minutes at 5 speed
- repeating this pattern for around 15 minutes or so prior to cooling down
Research from 2011’s Trusted source indicates that high intensity interval training could be more effective in losing weight than the other forms of exercise.
Another studyTrusted Source reports that HIIT is a good strategy for controlling obesity due to its efficiency in time.
Step-climbing increases strength and muscle tone in the upper and butt legs as well as in the. There are many ways to exercise these muscles:
- by using stepping machines in the fitness center
- going up flights of stairs
- walking uphill
- with a climbing or bouldering wall
Step-climbing may provide additional health benefits, as well. One small study from 2005 on 15 women found that climbing flights of stairs up to five times per day had a measurable impact on oxygen uptake and reduced low-density lipoprotein, or “bad,” cholesterol.
In this study the women started by taking a flight of one hundred and 199 stairs daily during week 1. They then gradually increasing the number of climbs to five times per every day during week seven. The women did not make any other diet or lifestyle changes as they took part in the study.
Squats are an integral part of a variety of exercise programs. It is because they engage multiple muscles in the legs, butt and abdominal muscles simultaneously.
One study from 2009 published in journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy looked at the effects of different workouts for the gluteus maximus as well as gluteus medius.
The research team discovered that squats with one leg were an effective way to activate each gluteus maximus as well as the gluteus medius.
To perform a single-leg squat:
- Spread the arms out to the side of your body.
- Take a step on the left leg with the straight leg extended into the front as high as is possible.
- Then slowly lower your butt to as far as you can to the floor and keep the leg up. Your back must be in a straight line with the left knee should be in line with the left foot.
- Return to your starting point. Repeat the exercise several time before changing to your left leg.
If it’s impossible to do one-leg squats regular squats work well. For these exercises:
- Spread the arms out in front over the entire body. Maintain the feet shoulder-width apart.
- Begin to slowly bring the back as far as you can to the floor without losing your the balance. Your back must be in a straight line and knees shouldn’t extend out towards the front of the feet.
- Return to the beginning position. Repeat this several times.
- To increase your intensities, place weights with your hands as you are squatting.
A different variation is the split-squat which the person squats by putting their legs in a row. A small-scale study in 2017 conducted by the Trusted Source discovered that split-squats have the greatest impact on the gluteus maximus, when compared to dumbbells, good-mornings and deadlifts.
Lunges are a different lower body strength exercise that strengthens and tone the gluteus maximus. Different variations include sideways, forward and transverse lunges.
The simple forward lunge strengthens the calves and thighs. To do a lunge:
- Keep your feet at a hip distance.
- Step forward a lot using your left leg.
- Begin to lower your body slowly and bend both knees 90 degrees. Don’t let the right knee reach the ground, or for your left leg to extend beyond the toes of your left foot.
- Return to standing. Repeat the exercise several times.
6. One-leg deadlift
Deadlifts strengthen the lower body, increase balance, and build the abdominal muscles as well as the lower back muscles. One-leg deadlifts can also stimulate your gluteus muscle.
Follow these directions to complete one-leg deadlifts:
- On one leg, stand up with your hands at the sides.
- The other leg can be stretched out behind. Maintain your back straight and your shoulders to the side.
- Lean forward with your hips until you feel an increase through the hamstrings. Don’t let your chest lower below the hips.
- Return to the starting point. Repeat the exercise several times, and before switching sides.
If you find this to be too strenuous then gently rest the unsupported knee on the floor. To increase the intensity of your workout you can use hand-held weights.
7. Abduction of the hip side-lying on the side
The side lying hip abduction exercise for the hips are beneficial to strengthen the gluteus medius muscles. To perform this exercise:
- Begin by lying on your side and supporting your head using the hand or arm. Keep your knees straight and keep your feet in a straight line.
- Slowly raise the upper knee as high as is possible without moving the pelvis backwards or forward.
- Slowly lower the leg to return to its starting position. Repeat the exercise several time on both sides.
Make use of ankle weights to intensify this exercise.
8. Lateral band walk
Strengthen and stabilize your knees and hips by doing the lateral band walk which also exercises the gluteus medius muscles. This is a great warm-up before the jump, running, or other sports.
To perform the side-to-side band walk:
- Make a band of resistance and place it on the heels of your feet. Make sure that the band is in place against your shoes.
- The legs should be stretched to shoulder width apart. Spread the weight evenly across both feet.
- By bending the knees slightly, you can attain a semi-squatting position to squeeze the glutes and core muscles.
- One foot should take a tiny step approximately 3 inches to the left. The other foot should be moved to the opposite direction around 3 inches.
- Do 10 steps as follows and repeat in reverse.
To make this workout more difficult, pick the band with a greater amount of resistance.
To achieve the best outcomes, combine the workouts mentioned above with these additional strategies for weight loss:
9. Regularly exercise
Consistency is the key to seeing the results you want to see. Keep up a routine of exercise which combines aerobic workouts as well as strength training to get maximum benefits to your whole body.
The Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee suggests toTrusted source that adults participate in at minimum 150 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic activity which is 75 minutes vigorous intensity activities, every week. They also recommend that exercises to strengthen muscles at least two times per week.
10. Maintain a healthy, balanced diet and control your portions
To shed weight, one has to consume less calories than what the body burns. This is referred to as the term “calorie deficit. In order to lose just 1 pound one must have a deficit that is 3,500 calories.
Learning to control portion sizes is an easy method to achieve this. ResearchTrusted Source stresses the importance of controlling portions in order to decrease calories consumption and to prevent weight increase.
Simple ways to stay content on a healthy diet are:
- consuming fiber-rich foods like beans, fruits, vegetables and lentils
- Consuming protein-rich sources that are lean such as tofu, fish, as well as legumes
- including a source of nutritious fats to your meals like nuts, olives, seeds and avocado
- Avoiding processed foods and takeaway meals
- avoiding sodas and sugary foods
- substituting the refined carbs (white bread white pasta, white bread, and white rice) for wholegrain varieties (wholegrain bread brown pasta, brown bread, brown rice)
- drinking a glass of water prior to eating
- Slowly chewing food
11. Reduce stress
Stress triggers your body to produce a hormone known as cortisol. Cortisol influences metabolism and triggers cravings for sugar and other refined carbs. This leads to fat building up within the body.
The people who have high levels in stress tend to be more likely to be tired, which is why it’s tempting to take a quick meal instead of making a healthy food at home. It could also mean they are less active. This can cause weight increase.
The following suggestions can help someone reduce stress levels:
- exercising regularly even if it’s walking for a few minutes every day
- eating a balanced and healthy diet
- practicing mindfulness and meditation.
- Breathing deeply
- Moving towards relaxation of muscles
- enjoying time in the outdoors
- reviewing priorities and reducing causes of stress
12. Sleep enough
Sleep deprivation can adversely affectTrusted Source metabolism and the levels of hormones within the body. The fatigue can result in desire for unhealthy food or fast food.
Together, these factors make it more likely for weight increase and make it harder to lose weight.
Stop the cycle of insufficient sleep by creating the habit of a consistent nighttime routine. Make sure you go to bed every night at the exact same hour every evening and wake up at the same time every morning. It is crucial to get at least 7-9 hours of rest each night.
Certain people fall asleep more quickly after taking a warm bath, sipping the tea of chamomile or reading an article.